Mayor's Youth Council
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has.- Margaret Mead
MAYOR'S YOUTH council overview
|POD 1||SOCIAL JUSTICE|
|POD 2||FOOD AND HOUSING|
|POD 3||PUBLIC HEALTH|
|POD 5||CITIZEN PARTICIPATION|
The Council meets as an entire Council once a month, but expected to meet individual pods more often as needed.
How Do I Apply?
Registration has closed for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Prospective members apply in the Spring and are selected in mid-May.
- Possess an accrued grade point average of 2.75, based on a 4.0 system.
- Complete the waiver form and email it to email@example.com.
- Complete the application according to the instructions.
- Obtain three references with one reference being from a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal. The persons providing these references should not be related to you. Email reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org