- Parks & Recreation
- About Us
- Mayor's Youth Council
Mayor's Youth Council
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has.- Margaret Mead
MAYOR'S YOUTH council overview
The City of Clarksville’s Mayor’s Youth Council is a group of young people working toward the common purpose of developing their individual leadership skills to strengthen their community through volunteer service and increased communication with elected officials. We are looking for students who are interested in developing and leading initiatives with the support of adult mentors.
The Mayor’s Youth Council is more than just a service club because members also train and involve their peers in service leadership. They also provide valuable insight on issues affecting youth and the community.
The Mayor’s Youth Council is divided into 6 Pods
|POD 1||SOCIAL JUSTICE|
|POD 2||FOOD AND HOUSING|
|POD 3||PUBLIC HEALTH|
|POD 5||CITIZEN PARTICIPATION|
The Council meets as an entire Council once a month, but expected to meet individual pods more often as needed.
How Do I Apply?
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR!
- Prospective members apply in the Spring and are selected in mid-May.
- Possess an accrued grade point average of 2.75, based on a 4.0 system.
- Complete the waiver form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application according to the instructions.
- Obtain three references with one reference being from a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal. The persons providing these references should not be related to you. Email reference letters to email@example.com
Check out our Instagram
A Selection Committee will choose participants for the Mayor’s Youth Council based on interest in learning about City government, learning about their community, commitment to positive self-growth, and demonstrated leadership ability. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s selections by email.
WANT TO COLLABORATE WITH US?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office at 931.645.7476.
Also, don't forget to follow us on Instagram @clarksvillemyc