The goal of the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Internship Program is to provide an intern with the opportunity to apply information and skills obtained in the classroom to real-life working situations. The internship also offers the opportunity to gain experience in planning, organizing, leading and evaluating various recreational programs. Furthermore, it provides the intern with a constructive review and evaluation of their skills and competencies; thus, allowing realistic direction to further professional development.
Areas of Interest
Internships are currently available in the following areas:
- Paid internships require a background check and drug screening.
- Eligible candidates shall have taken university coursework related to the internship opportunity.
- Eligible candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Each eligible candidate shall complete a Clarksville Parks and Recreation internship application.
- Each eligible candidate shall include a current transcript of university course work. A minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 is required.
How to Apply
For questions, please call 931-645-7476.